The Great Seal of Worcester County
Worcester County was created from Somerset County in 1742 (Chapter 19, Acts of 1742). The County was named after Earl of Worcester.
The official seal of Worcester County consists of a shield bearing the Calvert Arms above which is a coronet (symbolic of the Earl of Worcester) and a slightly oval band on which is inscribed the words "County Worcester," which surrounds the coronet and shield.
Copyright © John T. Marck. All Rights Reserved. This article and their accompanying seals, may not be resold, reprinted, or redistributed for compensation of any kind without prior written permission from the author. Maryland County Seals and Baltimore City Seal and their respective origin histories from: Maryland The Seventh State A History, © John T. Marck. All Rights Reserved. All Seals courtesy of the respective county, Office of the County Executive and/or the Department of Tourism. Reprinted with permission.